Organizing and providing diagnostic imaging services and on the job training according to MSF policies, protocol and international standards, to improve the health situation of the beneficiaries in close collaborations with other medical staff.
- Applying medical knowledge and skills in diagnostic imaging for diagnostic and treatment purposes, and collaborating closely with the different departments of the hospital to ensure correct referral justification for radiological exams and the results.
- Ensuring the implementation and monitoring of updated MSF protocols and universal precautions in the radiology department.
- As an expert in diagnostic imaging, proposing strategies for departmental improvements (modification on current protocols), and implementing them after validation of Operation and Imaging Advisors.
- Monitoring the proper functioning of the radiology department, equipment and personnel.
- Developing resources for the mission, plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff, in order to increase the knowledge required to ensure improved patient diagnosis and appropriate imaging referrals.
- Managing the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Debriefing with coordination, headquarters (including Imaging Advisor) and providing written reports on main findings, activities, conclusions and further recommendations.
- Diploma Medical doctor with radiology specialization from a recognized university
- At least 3 years of experience as a radiologist, preferably in a hospital setting
- Radiological experience relevant to the mission; plain X-ray reporting, performing and reporting ultrasound imaging is necessary
- Previous working experience with MSF or another NGO and experience in developing countries is an asset
- Experience in teaching or supervising or mentoring trainees in a radiological context is an asset
- Adhere to the MSF Charter and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skills
length of MISSION
- 4 to 8 weeks
For your information: we are also looking for radiographers/X-ray technicians.