Define, implement, monitor and manage all aspects of X-ray department activities ensuring the proper implementation of protocols, quality of the work and management and mentoring of staff in the department.
- Ensures all MSF standard policies and procedures; cleaning; and user maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols.
- Ensure all staff operating X-ray equipment are appropriately qualified and trained.
- Manage and monitor staff professional training and development including orientation, continuing education and competency verification.
- In collaboration with HR, interview, hire, evaluate the performance of and, when necessary, discipline of employees as required.
- Ensures that standards of practice, technical quality, technique charts or protocols, patient and PACS documentation are correct
- Establishes designs and oversee quality measurement activities, departmental policies, technician procedures and operational records for both patient related and technical quality control relating to the X-ray department.
- Compiles, prepares and reports data, including from the above quality assurance programs
- Coordinates with other medical staff, administrative or logistical staff to coordinate to facilitate communication flow and procedures between technical, clerical, support staff, students and other departments in the health structure.
- Liaises with other staff members, and/or external service company to ensure; appropriate stock management including spare parts and consumables, routine or corrective maintenance requirements are completed.
- Diploma radiographer / X-ray technician is mandatory
- At least 3 years of experience as an X-ray technician/radiographer
- Previous working experience with MSF or another NGO and experience in developing countries is an asset
- Experience in supervision or management of an X-ray department is an asset, as well as assessment/evaluation and coaching skills
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skills
LENGTH OF MISSION
- 4 to 8 weeks
For your information: we are also looking for Radiologists.