Health promoter / Anthropologist
As a health promoter, you are responsible for the coordination and implementation of awareness-raising and educational campaigns to support the medical activities. The health promoter is therefore part of the medical team.
The campaigns can address different themes and your expertise may be needed in emergency projects (vaccination campaigns, awareness-raising on malnutrition or cholera) or in projects that focus on one medical issue (AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, etc.).
- Master in Social Sciences / Behavioural Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology, motivation psychology), Master in Public Health orientation Health Promotion, Master in Community health (or Nursing Diploma in community health).
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience (working in health promotion/education, prevention, community mobilization, etc.) is a must.
- Experience in using qualitative methodology is a must.
- Experience in strategy design, implementation and monitoring is a must.
- Experience in humanitarian settings is an asset.
- Experience with social media management or marketing is an asset
- Experience as illustrator, graphic designer is an asset
- IT knowledge: Basic windows environment is a must.
Knowledge of qualitative data treatment software like Nvivo is an added value
Knowledge of graphics editing sofware like photoshop is an added value.
- Team management experience is a must;
good interpersonal communication skills is a must;
able to keep a pragmatic, positive and constructive mindset is a must, despite challenges faced;
flexibility; creativity; autonomous; able to work under pressure; strong analytical, strategical, supervision & monitoring skills;
- Previous work with an NGO is an added value.
- Adhere to the MSF Charter and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- B1 level in minimum two of the following languages (English, Spanish, French, Arabic).
length of mission
- 6 to 12 months
Meet our health promoters
Real change cannot be taught and must be carried by the local population, believes health promoter Jesse. Read his story.
Mary Houldsworth talks about the safe practices health promoters try to get across in this interview.