Intercultural mediators or interprets for our COVID-19 projects in Belgium
MSF is looking for intercultural mediators in Amharic and Tigrinya, residing in Belgium and prepared to join our efforts against the COVID-19 epidemic in Belgium.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Support the provision of quality services facilitating the communication between our beneficiaries and MSF staff by:
- creating a trustful relationship with both counterparts;
- assuring the translation between the medical doctor/psychologist and the patient in his/her mother tongue making the words of the medical team understandable to the patient and vice versa;
- supporting MSF staff in understanding specific aspects of the cultural background of the beneficiaries with whom you have cultural affiliations with the aim to improve the provision of MSF services;
- guaranteeing the confidentiality, impartiality and neutrality;
- taking an active part in all necessary collateral activities linked to the beneficiaries’ health and assistance, including information and advocacy.
Due to legal and administrative restrictions, we can currently only accept Belgian residents with a valid work permit.
- Degree in social science, social communication, social work or education &/or a relevant professional experience
- Training/degree in interpretation or intercultural mediation is an asset.
For cultural reasons & in order to facilitate the access to our beneficiaries, we are looking for people with proficiency (level C2) in at least one of the following languages: Amharic and/or Tigrinya and a deep knowledge of related cultures.
- Multilingual competence is an asset
- Necessary advanced in English (minimum B2) as working language
- Previous professional experience in interpretation and/or intercultural mediation of 2 years.
- Previous experience with migration context is an asset.
- Experience with other NGOs/associations preferable.
- Residing in Belgium
- Strong flexibility and adaptability
- Flexibility to specific environment (boat ; swimming) with basic living conditions
- Openness to others
- Ability to work under stress
- Team player
- Humanitarian motivation
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy (office package)
- Starting date : as soon as possible
- Fixed term contract
- Salary according to the MSF roster and the recognized work experience
- Transport costs, necessary housing, per diem, vaccinations and medical insurance
HOW to apply?
Click the link below to apply. Please, add the following information to your application:
- Your updated CV and degrees
- Your availability (Dates? Available full-time?)
- Do you accept to work night shifts (yes/no)