Currently, the number of positions in the field is limited for this profile. Therefore, applicants that exceed the essential requirements and fulfill some of the desirable criteria have a greater chance of being contacted.
However, we are actively hiring applicants with specializations in Infection Prevention & Control (IPC).
Among the fields of activity in which you as a nurse can be asked to work are: primary health care, vaccination campaigns, emergency feeding programs, epidemics, specific projects (AIDS, tuberculosis, etc.) and collection as well as analysis of epidemiological data. Most nurse positions offered by MSF involve management of a team: organisation and training of national health staff.
In a hospital you can be asked to work within different services: paediatrics/neonatology, internal medicine. You ensure respect of hospital hygiene, follow up of sterilization rules, and good management of the pharmacy.
- Bachelor of science in nursing (Level A 1)
- Diploma in tropical medicine or at least 1 year of relevant working experience in a tropical context is an asset
- Specialization in emergency room and intensive care, paediatric/neonatology, infection control or hospital management is a plus (for specialists in infection prevention and control (IPC) - Please view the profile IPC Specialist here)
- Training, coaching, tutoring or mentoring experience either via vocational program (school, university, etc..), or through professional involvement (managing and training a team);
- Management experience (professional or extra professional)
- Relevant professional experience
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- B1 in minimum two of the following languages (English, Spanish, French, Arabic).
length of mission
- 6 to 12 months