Emergency Medical Doctor
The Emergency Medical Doctor supervises the functioning of the Emergency Department, from entrance to admission/discharge of patients, according to the objectives of the project and in relation with the other hospital departments.
As an Emergency Medical Doctor you’re responsible for providing the best medical care to the patient and you’re involved in triage system, patient flow and implementation of protocols.
You ensure training and supervision of national staff. For the purpose of knowledge transfer, the trainings consist of both theoretical as well as bedside teachings in order to ensure a gradual transfer of responsibilities.
MEDICAL DOCTOR'S TITLE with :
- An Emergency Medicine specialization (or equivalent diploma)
- Good French and English language skills
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Adhere to the MSF Charter and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments
length of mission
- 3 to 6 months.
Meet our emergency doctors
Emergency doctor and Head of the medical department in Brussels Sebastian Spencer talks about his experiences in the field and his motivation to continue to work for MSF.