In close collaboration with the management team of the health structure, you provide technical support for selection, installation, preventive and curative maintenance of the biomedical equipment according to MSF standards.
You are responsible for the management of the biomedical equipment to ensure its quality, effective and efficient operation. Together with the management team and other technicians, you ensure that the environment is compliant with the requirements of the biomedical equipment.
- Technical education (technician, engineer) in biomedical, electromechanical or electronics
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in the health sector, preferably in hospitals.
Flexible mindset and intercultural awareness
Excellent team player
Curious to go and work in challenging contexts
Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
Good French and English language skills
length of mission
- 6 to 12 months
Did you know?
- MSF runs over 80 projects in 30 different countries around the world.
- MSF runs health facility structures from 40 up to 250 beds, either in collaboration with local ministries of health or entirely autonomous.
- MSF builds or renovates structures, and installs all equipment to provide energy, drinkable water, waste management, external communication, and all medical equipment as well.
- MSF runs and maintains short-term (<6 months), medium-term (<3 years), and long- term (>3 years) health facilities depending on operational needs.
- We always work together with local teams who we train to run the projects.
- 40% of MSF personnel have a non-medical profile, just like the Biomedical Specialist.
Working in the field vs. working corporate
- Your responsibilities are not just limited to the technical aspects of the project. You quickly take on additional responsibilities concerning technical aspects, the management of your team and the project’s overall goals.
- The multicultural element will increase your ability to adapt.
- You have the opportunity to train and develop your staff by helping them build their career paths.
- The organization offers a wide variety of contexts, and a real career with positions that will evolve with your experience and potential.
meet our biomedical specialists
Jonathan Delchambre, biomedical engineer with a specialization in Biomechanics and Instrumentation, talks about his different missions and how he, als a biomedical specialist, contributed to saves patient's lives. Read his story