We are looking for medical doctors:
- General Practitioners
- Currently, the number of positions in the field is limited for this profile. Therefore applicants that exceed the essential requirements and fulfill some of the desirable criteria have a greater chance of being contacted.
- Medical doctors with a specialization in
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Infection prevention and control (IPC) - Please view the profile IPC Specialist here
As a general physician your responsibilities vary according to the type of project:
- medical clinical and organizational support for hospital activities,
- medical follow-up of refugee and internally displaced populations,
- involvement within specific projects,
- collection and analysis of epidemiologic data.
- In addition, the setup, coordination, training and supervision of health personnel represent a significant part of a general physician’s work.
MEDICAL DOCTOR'S TITLE
- 2 years of clinical experience
- Diploma in tropical medicine or to have at least 1 year of working experience in a tropical context is an asset
- Experience in areas such as pediatrics, maternal health, AIDS, tuberculosis, Hepatitis C, IV drug usage or victims of torture is an important asset
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skills
length of mission
- 6 to 12 months
Meet our medical doctors
Belgian doctor Cecile van de Konijnenburg has learned to think about medicine in practical terms thanks to her field experience. Read her interview
Australian doctor Damien Brown takes us through his top ten tips for working as a doctor with MSF.