Logistics and technical coordinator
As a logistics and technical coordinator you’re responsible for the implementation of means necessary for the good functioning of projects, in terms of infrastructure and equipment, means of transportation, and supply. You ensure correct use of means made available to MSF teams and arrange for maintenance and repair.
You study the market for various products and services and evaluate their quality. You supervise the mission logistics chain. You establish a safety and security plan and ensure its application. You train logistics teams and evaluate staff under your responsibility.
As for the logistician, various technical skills and a sense of organisation are indispensable for the exercise of a logistics and technical coordinator function. A thorough knowledge of one or more specific fields (mechanics, energy, radio communication, construction, cold chain, supply, water purification and quality) is a plus.
- Relevant diploma
- 2 years of MSF experience or equivalent
- Leadership and management of a team
- Strong analytic and strategic vision ability
- Flexibility and ability to work under stress
- Diplomatic skills
- Adhere to the MSF Charter and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments
Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
Length of mission
- 6 to 12 months