Certain MSF projects require the services of clinical biology microbiology laboratories to diagnose and monitor patients. The main pathologies and activities requiring laboratory tests are blood transfusions, tuberculosis, malaria, sepsis, osteomyelitis and the diagnosis and immunological monitoring of patients with HIV/AIDS and meningitis.
The responsibilities of the laboratory specialist are to ensure the quality of the laboratory tests and to supervise and train national laboratory staff.
- Laboratory science/Biologist with clinical microbiology specialization.
- Laboratory scientist/Biologist certified in clinical microbiology
- Degree/postgraduate degree in biology/tropical medicine would be an asset
- Relevant professional experience
- Previous NGO experience is an asset
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- B1 level in minimum two of the following languages (English, Spanish, French, Portuguese).
length of mission
6 to 12 months