Fleet and Maintenance specialist
Currently, there is no need for this position in the field. Therefore, we are not recruiting this profile at this time.
As Fleet and Maintenance specialist or Mobility specialist, you ensure the access of MSF staff to the beneficiaries and those to MSF structures. To guarantee this, you also ensure mechanics and drivers’ capacity, the vehicle fleet maintenance and generally all motorized fleet. You also follow up the adapted maintenance and fleet management protocols dependent on the operational conditions on the field in order to ensure optimal and secure transport for people and goods.
- Diploma (technician or qualified technician) in mechanics or mechanical engineering, fleet management or Mechanical After Sale Service
- 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent team player
- Curious to go and work in challenging contexts
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skills
length of mission
- 6 to 12 months
Did you know?
- MSF runs over 80 projects in 30 different countries around the world.
- MSF deploys emergency project teams (e.g. Response to contagious disease) as well as long-term project teams (e.g. Managing complex hospitals). These interventions can last from a few months up to multiple years.
- About half of the projects are situated in conflict zones or zones with precarious security, and located in rural areas.
- We always work together with local teams who we train to run the projects.
- 40% of MSF personnel has a non-medical profile, such as the Fleet & Maintenance Management Specialist.
Working in the field vs. working corporate
- Your responsibilities are not just limited to the technical aspects of the project. You quickly take on additional responsibilities concerning technical aspects, the management of your team and the project’s overall goals.
- The multicultural element will increase your ability to adapt.
- You have the opportunity to train and develop your staff by helping them build their career paths.
- The organization offers a wide variety of contexts, and a real career with positions that will evolve with your experience and potential.