Strategic Buyer – Indirect Procurement (m/f)
Within MSF OCB (Operational Centre Brussels), purchases of products for missions are under the responsibility of MSF Supply's Purchasing Department. Since August 2012, as part of the OCB's supply chain improvement, the Purchasing Department has expanded its mandate to include in-the-field procurement and seat-related procurement.
The mission of the purchasing department is to ensure the acquisition of products and services meeting the operational needs while fulfilling the quality criteria (goods and services) and by making it possible to professionalize the Purchasing function on all OCB perimeters (head office, field and international).
These purchases of general expenses (energy, insurance, printing, communications, landscaping, travel, ICT, etc ...) include the office of MSF-Belgium (Ixelles), MSF Supply (Neder-Over-Heembeek) and the EBC Training Centre (Tour and Taxi). In addition, the objective is to provide methodological support and coaching for purchasing to the partner sections.
Under the responsibility of the Purchasing Director MSF Supply / Purchasing Coordinator OCB, the Strategic Buyer translates the procurement strategy into action plans within its portfolio and implements these plans in order to meet the needs expressed by internal customers:
- Roll out the purchasing process (market watch, call for tenders, negotiations, contracts, follow-up relationship - long-term - suppliers);
- Pursue economic optimization while ensuring the quality of goods and services requested;
- Work in pairs with the technicians of the departments responsible for the technical validation of the suppliers, with the budgetary holders and the legal department;
- Organise the document chain linked to purchasing and contract files;
- He / she contributes to the improvement of purchasing tools and methodologies in collaboration with other buyers.
- Master in Business of Purchasing
- Minimum 3 years in market assessment, negotiation and implementation of business contracts;
- Knowledge of indirect purchases (services, IT etc.) is an assess.
- Data analysis – Mastery in Excel;
- Negotiation techniques – Mastery;
- Basic financial analysis;
- Knowledge about business contracts.
- French essential – speaking and writing;
- English essential – speaking and writing;
- Dutch is an asset.
- Transversal teamwork and networking;
- Project management.
- Discipline and organisation skills;
- Analytical thinking skills and sense of initiative;
- Human relation skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Communication and diplomatic skills;
- Adherence to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Open-end contract – full time
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs;
- Starting date: November 1st, 2019
Deadline for applications: September 22, 2019
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position in the subject line.
MSF cares about protecting your data. By submitting your application, you agree that MSF will use your personal data for the purpose of the recruitment. For more information, see our privacy notice for candidates.