Project Manager - Finance Projects
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work, the Finance Department is recruiting a: Project Manager – Finance projects (m/f)
Within MSF, the Finance Department aims to ensure financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF Belgium and ensures an optimal use of financial resources.
Within the Finance Department, the Financial Planning Unit is responsible for the quality, coherence and diffusion of the financial information. Its role is not limited to control only but should cover the promotion and implementation of corrective actions and good practices aiming at improving the performance and efficiency of MSF Belgium.
The Project Manager – Finance Projects is under the direct supervision of the Senior Strategic Advisor (ie: Coordinator of the Financial Planning unit) who is both the line manager and the Project Executive of the 2 projects which will be under the responsibility of the Project Manager.
The Project Manager will mainly work on 2 projects:
- Field Budget Tool (80%): the field budget tool project aims at providing a new financial planning solution for MSF OCB teams in the field. The project consists in changing both the tool as well as the data model currently used for financial planning. According to current plan, the solution should go live in June 2021. Functional and non-functional requirements were finalised in Q4 2019, however the technical platform which will host this solution has not been chosen at the moment of the publication of this job opening.
- Internal Monitoring Tool V3 (20%):the Internal Monitoring Tool Version 3 (IMT V3) is a tool which aims at supporting MSF OCB teams in the field at implementing and complying with basic procedures in the field. Version 3 aims at upgrading and making more robust the current Excel tool with some additional functionalities.
The Project Manager will liaise with the teams involved in these both projects as well as with its governance instances (Sponsor – Finance Director, Steering Committee, etc.)
- Follow-up on and, if necessary, review projects scope and objectives, in liaison with the Steering Committee of the projects.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements, follow-up on project costs.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Participate to the development of project deliverables as needed (communication and training material, participation to testing, etc.).
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Identify and manage risks and dependencies.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- In liaison with project stakeholders, develop and deploy an internal communication and change management plan for each of the projects.
- Min. 5 years of project management and related experience
- Proven ability to complete finance projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Fluent English
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills, excellent oral communication
- Organised, detail-focused, accurate, problem-solving skills
- Experience / thorough knowledge of financial planning (budget and forecast)
- Experience in implementing financial planning applications (CPM/EPM) such as TM1, Tagetik, Board, etc.
- MSF Field experience and/or NGO experience
- Fluent French
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience / thorough knowledge of internal control / risk management
- Experience in implementing Internal Control / GRC tools.
- 2 years contract – full time - Based in HQ (Brussels)
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Complementary Retirement plan – Canteen at democratic price – reimbursement (100%) for public transportation costs
- Starting: 1st March 2020
New Deadline for Application: February 2nd, 2020
Interested candidates should send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae, by e-mail to Recruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager” in the subject or to Kristina Presis, MSF HQ Finance Department, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.