Project Manager – WeFin Project
Project Manager – WeFin Project (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Within MSF, the Finance Department aims to ensure financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF Belgium and ensures an optimal use of financial resources.
Within the OCB HQ Finance Department, the Financial Planning Unit is responsible for the quality, coherence and diffusion of the financial information. Its role is not limited to control only but should cover the promotion and implementation of corrective actions and good practices aiming at improving the performance and efficiency of MSF Belgium.
The Project Manager – Wefin Project is under the direct supervision of the Senior Strategic Advisor (ie: Coordinator of the Financial Planning Unit) who is both the Line Manager and the Project Executive of the projects under the responsibility of the Project Manager.
The Project Manager will work on WeFin project, with 2 go live phases foreseen
- WeFin - Field Budget Tool (80%): the field budget tool project aims at providing a new financial planning solution for MSF OCB teams in the field. The project consists in changing both the tool as well as the data model currently used for financial planning.
- According to current plan, the solution should go live in July 2021 for the first phase of functionalities for the field budgeting process 2022. Then, a second go live WeFin in January 2022, when moving from budget process to forecasting and monitoring actual real expenses in the field, as well as cash requests.
- Functional and non-functional requirements were finalised in Q4 2019, however the technical platform which will host this solution WeFin was chosen but since it is developed for MSF France (OCP), it needs some adaptations for OCB terminology and specific systems in use and processes.
The Project Manager will liaise with the teams involved in the WeFin project (ICT, Financial Application Support Unit, L&D, finance and other HQ departments, field representatives, Operational financial coordinators) as well as with its governance instances (Sponsor – Finance Director, Steering Committee, etc.)
The Project Manager will manage the recruited project team dedicated resources according to the priorities and need of the project towards the field budget in the 2 phases: the training and implementation officers and the guideline support officer.
- Follow-up on and if necessary, review projects scope and objectives, in liaison with the Steering Committee of the projects
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan, insure project team meetings (internal and with external provider(s))
- Monitor budget based on scope of work and resource requirements, follow-up on project costs
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Participate to the development of project deliverables as needed (definition of the needs, participation to testing, communication and training material, etc.)
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Identify and manage risks and dependencies, measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Manage the other project team resources
- In liaison with project stakeholders, develop and deploy an internal communication and change management plan for each of the projects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of project management and related experience
- Proven ability to complete finance projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Fluent English and French (ideally both, but at least to be able in both languages to follow meetings in the other language, read emails, re-read communication when necessary)
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills, excellent oral communication
- Organized, detail-focused, accurate, problem-solving skills, do’er, stress resistant
- Experience / thorough knowledge of financial planning (budget and forecast)
- MSF Field experience and/or NGO experience
- Experience in implementing financial planning applications (CPM/EPM) such as TM1, Tagetik, Board, or specifically developed applications etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract (CDD) until end April 2022
- Location: based in Brussels
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 17/06/2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “WeFin Project Manager” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.