Pool Manager for the Log pool OCB (m/f)
The function contributes to ensuring the right match, at the right moment, between the HR demand coming from Operations (open vacancies) and the HR offer both in terms of quantity and quality of the profiles.
S/he also strategically analyses the pool and, together with representatives from the Operations & Logistics Department, takes measures to build a healthy pyramid for the profiles s/he is responsible of.
Part of the Operational HR Hub, the OCB Pool Manager is managed by the Head of Field HR through the Resource Manager and functionally reports to the Logistics department.
- Building the HR pyramid for his/her pool:
- Collects the operational needs through open vacancies in short term and the matrix for longer term, assesses the match with the existing pool and works out short and longer term solutions in terms of quantity and competencies in collaboration with the department concerned to answer at best to the operational demand.
- Carries out a statistical analysis of his/her pool in order to ensure that the pool matches operational requirements in both short and longer term.
- Participates to the definition of the first mission target for recruitment and accordingly manages the definition and development of his/her pool.
- Ensures the diffusion of the offer defined towards the different actors concerned (Recruitment & Development Advisors (DA) of Partner Sections, Learning and Development Unit) and collaborates with them in order to define adapted solutions.
- Upon request, facilitates the sensitisation activities related to his/her pool in collaboration with the recruitment unit.
- Develops a good understanding of the requested profile for the vacancies by integrating information from the job profile, the job description, the mission context and specific requirements.
- Collects information (recruitment report if first mission, evaluations, feedback from DA) on a potential candidate in order to be able to propose him/her for matching following the matching process.
- Makes the most efficient matching by selecting the best profile for the specific vacancy from the candidates available, as described in the “matching process”.
- Considers the global workforce to answer the operational needs: HQ staff, national staff and international staff.
- When identifying a position that will not be filled with pool members, look for alternative solutions, for example launching recruitment on post, rediscuss the set up in the field, etc.
- When needed according to matching process, discusses candidates with technical referent.
- Communicates regularly with operations through HRO in the cells.
- Briefs and debriefs expats according to the policy.
- Works in close collaboration with Partner Sections (OCB and non OCB) to ensure the answer to the operational demand:
- Ensures optimal information exchange with the different DA so that s/he can do efficient and professional mission proposals.
- Facilitates the validation of CV by technical referent for the different recruiters.
- In collaboration with the concerned DA, discusses potential identification and works towards retention through career plans that are balancing operations needs and the wishes of the expatriate.
- Upon request identifies expatriates from the pool for fixed term missions in the HQ, facilitates expatriate mobility towards HQ posts and informs interested expatriates and/or DA of possible HQ positions.
OTHER TASKS PM:
- Participates to the selection committee for the training concerning his/her pool.
- Participates to CoPro / ARO and other platforms or ways to keep an inside knowledge of the operations and its strategic orientations.
- Takes part in the HR and related department platforms and meetings and contributes to discussions on its objectives and strategies.
- Is an HR representative within the department and participates to strategic meeting to understand the department priorities and strategies.
- Ensures systematic references taking with other OCs.
- Updates the HR database according to the different responsibilities/steps of the work.
- Carries out field visits when needed and after validation of the Head of Pool managers in order to keep abreast of the situation in the field and to assess how the member of his/her pool are settling into their missions and posts.
- Takes part in the meetings organised with HROs but also proactively seeks information from HROs.
- 2 years MSF field experience in diverse contexts required (experience as Coordinator an asset).
- Log background is an asset.
- An interest in and a well developed sense of human contacts required.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required.
- Efficiently combines a strong short term focus on concrete results with a more proactive, strategic and therefore longer term approach.
- Demonstrates analytical skills, critical sense and is able to take decisions.
- Works as a part of a team and cross functionally but also autonomously.
- Stress resilient.
- A university degree in HR or social & human science an asset.
- Fluent English and French.
- Adherence to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment.
- Open-ended contract - based in Brussels – Full time
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension plan – Subsidised Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport cost
- Starting position as soon as possible
CV + cover letter to be sent before 05/08/2019, to Human Resources, c/o Muriel Moussiaux, 46, rue de l'Arbre Bénit, 1050 Bruxelles/Brussel, Gewijde-Boomstraat 46 or via e-mail to : Recruit-HQ-HR@brussels.msf.org with “Log PM” in the title.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.