Mobile Implementation Officer (MIO) Telecom (m/f)
The Raison d’être of the MIO Telecom is to setup Telecommunication networks for MSF teams in order to run and coordinate operations.
Voice telecommunications are also a means to ensure security for the teams in the field.
S/he will be able to give direct support to the field. S/he will be coordinated by the Telecom Team Leader to improve and implement the necessary tools and techniques in this domain.
S/he will be proactive to evaluate and propose solutions in line with this technical domain.
The MIO Telecom LOG is part of the Telecom Team under direct supervision of the Telecom Team Leader.
The Telecom Team develops and validates technical aspects related with installation and maintenance of Telecom networks.
The aim of the MIO Telecom is to help implement or improve practices in the field for an effective management, functioning and use of Telecom equipment and network.
S/he contributes to the Telecom Team by providing feedback on the status of the Telecom related equipment in the fields s/he visits.
S/he assists in the deployment of Telecom equipment in mission/project by giving her/his input in terms of Telecom Specialists needed, Technical Workshop requirements and trainings.
- Provide direct support to field teams:
- by defining, planning and deploying full telecom networks
- by providing expert advice on Telecom equipment installation and maintenance
- by helping field technician solve problems related to infrastructure, electrical or other concerns that affect the optimal functioning of Telecom equipment
- by evaluating Telecom setups and proposing different solutions where needed
- by improving and/or implementing on site Telecom protocols, tools and techniques
- by training field technician via technical workshops to increase their capacities
- by evaluating possibilities and advantages of intersectional Telecom collaboration
- Provide support to the Telecom Team on tools development, such as:
- Protocols for testing Telecom products
- Reference documents for managing and maintaining equipment
Contacts and counterparts:
Telecom Team: To be coached technically, to provide feedback and integrate results
All Logs in operations (HQ and Field: To adapt to needs, capitalize information and acquire context and technical inputs)
- Technical education (technician, engineer) in electronics
- Amateur radio License or Maritime radio certificate is an asset
- Relevant experience with international NGOs
- Field experience with MSF is an asset
- Field experience in low-income countries is an asset
- Experience in staff coaching and training
- Good oral and written communication capacity in English and French
- Ability to function in stressful / volatile environments
- Mobile & flexible (extensive travel with possible last minute changes)
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive and willing to propose new ideas and solutions rapidly
- Able to set priorities and organize her/his own work
- Result, quality & service oriented
- Good teamwork and cooperation capacity
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
Function challenges /difficulties
- Ensure consistency between MSF needs, capacity and context reality
- Ability to change plans and objectives according to MSF needs and requirements
- Work in uncertain / volatile environments
- Continuous mobility between very different contexts
- 1 year “MIO contract” – full-time
- Field position : salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale
- Position based in Brussels but mainly carried out (up to 70% of the time) in the field
- Starting date: 01/10/2019
Application (CV + cover letter) to be sent to Recruit-HQ-Log@brussels.msf.org before the August 31, 2019 with “MIO Telecom” in the subject
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.