Mobile Implementation Officer (MIO) Risk Management Trainer and Advisor – f/m
The MIO Risk Management (RM) Trainer & Adviser contributes to the security and safety support to the missions of MSF-OCB in terms of training, assessment and advisement.
He/She is a member of the Risk Management Unit (RMU), belonging to the Operation (OPS) department. He/she reports regularly to the MSF-OCB Security Focal Point on the state of projects within his/her domain.
Capacity Building and Training
- Conduct RM trainings at the headquarter and field level
- Evaluate needs for new trainings
- Contribute to the design & elaboration of the training’s offer in the RM area of expertise
Security assessment, Risk Analysis & Risk reduction
- Conduct RM assessment & contribute to the Risk Analysis and Risk Reduction process for the benefit of the missions
- Contribute to the design and elaboration of operational tools concerning RM of the MSF-OCB missions
- Contribute to the RMU operational research projects
Security support to the field
- On request, provide an operational support to the missions for the design and implementation of RM procedures in the field
- Contribute to promote an embedded RM culture among MSF-OCB missions
- Assist and back-up the Security Focal Point on request.
- Participate to the daily administration of the MSF-OCB incident reporting system.
- Participate to the researches of MSF-OCB in the RM area of interest.
- Previous humanitarian experience with an IO/INGO is mandatory
- Minimum 5 years in the field with an IO/INGO, 2 years in volatile context
- 2 years’ experience in a coordination position (Field Coordinator, Head of Mission, Emergency Coordinator)
- Strong interest and commitment to evolve in the risk management field of activity
- Experience in coaching and training of staff
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to set priorities and organize his/her own work
- Fluent written and spoken English and French
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to plan and organize in stressful environment
- Strong capacity to work under pressure
- Sense of humor (even caustic) is highly appreciated
- 1 year “MIO contract” (fixed-term field contract) - full-time
- Field position : salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale
- Position based in Brussels with field visit on regular bases (max 50%)
- Starting as soon as possible (March)
Deadline for applications: February 28th, 2019
Please submit all applications only by email to Carole Coeur, at email@example.com stating “RM Trainer & Advisor” in the title
To apply, please, provide:
- CV and Motivation letter
- Your answers to the following questions (word document,A4, “Calibri” police, size 11)
- What are the main topics to consider in a NGO risk management framework? (bullet-points)
- How do you see your role regarding the decision making line? (5 lines max.)
- If you have to design training, what are the main elements to consider? (bullet-points)
- What evokes, for you, the concept of human factor in the risk management? (10 lines max.)
- From your NGO experience, describe a situation where you had to take a decision under uncertainty. What were the factors you have considered? (20 lines)
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.