Finance Applications Developer (m/f)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work, the Finance Department is recruiting a: Finance Applications Developer (m/f)
Within the Finance Department, the Application Support Unit maintains, develops and administers a different range of applications used by the Finance departments. The Application Support Unit is the center of expertise for the applications and their data structure.
The Finance Applications Developer is responsible to develop and maintain the financial planning and control applications, so that they are kept in working order, functional and respond to the needs of their users. S/he achieves this by directly creating new developments or or by supporting developments made by the IT department and product suppliers / implementing partners.
- Assists in the definition of the business case for innovative projects and organizes, translates and simplifies them into requirements.
- Analyzes, designs and implements new services, integrations, and interfaces with applications and systems.
- Documents, trains and supports the users.
- Supports, enhances, maintains the financial planning and control applications (Corporate Performance Management Board).
- Supports, enhances, maintains and eventually redesigns custom legacy applications and macros applications.
- Analyzes and converts business requirements as needed.
- Designs, configures, develops, and implements enhancements and production fixes to existing systems.
- Trains and supports (power)users on the usage and the working of the applications.
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF’s social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
- You are autonomous, passionate by technology and a team player
- You are able to work independently and self-organised
- You are able to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- You are organised, detail-focused, accurate, with problem-solving skills
Education and experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management related field or in Business Administration, Finance with a very strong interest and experience in IT and new technologies (or equivalent work experience)
- Languages: good command of English, French is an asset.
- Experience with development of CPM tools or IT systems for finance planning & reporting (experience with BOARD is a very strong asset)
- Experience in database design, development and strong SQL-based programming language skills
- Extensive experience in object-oriented programming (Java, Python)
- Good understanding and experience with Web Services: REST, SOAP
- Experience in Microsoft Excel &VBA
- Understanding of financial language, principles and objectives
- Sound knowledge of Middleware technologies
- Solid knowledge of Software development lifecycle
- Experience with web & Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat, nginx)
- A working knowledge of Unix environment
The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Open-ended contract - full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Complementary Retirement plan – Canteen at democratic price – reimbursement (100%) for public transportation costs
- Starting date: 1st of March 2020
Deadline for Application: 16/12/2019
Interested candidates should send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae, by e-mail to Recruit.HQ.email@example.com or to Kristina Presis, MSF HQ Finance Dpt, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.