Field ICT Technical Referent – Workstation Management
EXTENSION OF DEADLINE UNTIL 8th of MARCH 2020
With more than 100 sites (locations) around the world that need ICT Infrastructure to function adequately and efficiently, MSF OCB needs a solid ICT Infrastructure. Driven by MSF Operational Contexts, the Field ICT program has been launched to address the needs defined by an agile, field-inspired and user-centric ICT Strategy that aims to drive MSF towards digitally enabled humanitarian operations. Its objectives are to enhance Connectivity, Reliability and Usability of IT deployed on the field.
Typical Field ICT solutions are a balanced mix of technology, human capital and pragmatism. The Field ICT Program (F-ICT) analyzes issues, designs prototypes and delivers solutions that have been validated with and by operational staffs. With F-ICT support and solutions, our ICT teams can build, implement, maintain, and continuously improve IS architecture, ICT services and infrastructure that support MSF operations’ agility and efficiency. We enable new and more effective ways of working, and we enhance transversal collaboration between functional departments.
To strengthen our Field ICT Team, the General Direction Department is looking for a Field ICT Technical Referent – Workstation Management
As a Field ICT Technical Referent – Workstation Management, you will be part of a team of experts dedicated to support MSF’s operations by delivering best-in-class ICT solutions. Under guidance of the Field ICT Program Manager, your main tasks will include:
- Plan, Prepare and Pilot Windows10 migration of our 3500+ workstations deployed in our operations worldwide. By nature our operation locations are complex ICT environment with medium to low connectivity.
- Create and Manage workstations system image;
- Collaborate with our IT Officers in the field for the migration process and workstation management;
- Design and implement workstation management processes, design solutions to manage workstation assets on the field;
- Collaborate with Service Desk to guarantee optimal support;
- Collaborate with Learning & Development Officers to guarantee our technical stakeholders have the appropriate level of skills to deploy and maintain workstations in the field;
- Collaborate with F-ICT Solution Architect, IAM program and other technical stakeholders to build coherent ecosystem, translating Field and Operations requirements to a fit-for-purpose, reliable Field ICT workstation management solution;
- Participate in design & roll out cost effective Field ICT solutions to meet Field/Operations requirements, dealing with all dependencies;
- Present and defend a technology agnostic approach and present alternatives and options based on experience, facts, and analysis;
- Support the delivery of Solutions Roadmaps, Technology Roadmaps Cookbooks, Standards, Rules and Guidelines, Decisions logs, based on the principles of Minimum Viable Documentation;
- Support Communication on new Field ICT Solutions;
- Support the creation of a blueprint for the current & future Field ICT Solutions.
We are looking for a forward thinking and rigorous candidate, inspired by MSF social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
The ideal candidate has a track record on delivering solutions, has a demonstrated hands-on approach, and ideally has 5+ years’ of relevant experience.
Education and experience
- Degree in computer science, engineering or other relevant discipline or experience;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in Workstation Management is a must;
- Experience in Project Management is a must;
- Experience as a Technical Trainer is an asset;
- Experience in multi stakeholder environment is an asset;
- Experience in dynamic and rapidly changing international environment is an asset;
- Experience in MSF (field and/or HQ), or other international NGO operating in similar contexts, is an advantage.
Your hard Skills
- Proven technical skills in Microsoft ecosystem:
- Windows10 Administration,
- SCCM / Intune,
- (Azure) Active Directory,
- Group Policy Objects,
- Microsoft licensing,
- O365 ecosystem,…
- Proven technical skills in Open Source Ecosystems:
- Linux based NAS,
- (Power-) Shell Scripting;
- Disk encryption and Data Security;
- UEFI and Legacy Bios;
- Experience with IAM;
- Virtualization and dockerization;
- Experience with or willing to learn Synology ecosystem;
- Experience with or willing to learn GLPI.
Your soft skills
- You are a clear and concise communicator and like to simplify complex matters
- You are a self-starter and can work independent, but like working in a team
- You can focus on tangible needs and results, with the big picture in mind
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills and can deal with ambiguity
- You enjoy sharing your expert views to stakeholders on IT and on Operations side
- You embrace Agile methods and can contribute to the Agile culture, enable autonomy, guidance over governance, consistent but lightweight deliverables
- Adherence to MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment
- Adherence the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Open-ended contract - Full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles) with frequent travel to other MSF Operational Centres in Europe and to MSF missions (ability to travel up to 30%)
Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: asap
New Deadline for applications: March 8th, 2020
Send your CV + cover letter by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “Field ICT Technical Referent – Workstation Management ” in the title.
Please name your application documents (CV and cover letter) with your LAST NAME. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.