Field ICT Connectivity Technical Referent (m/f)
The MSF movement has more than 500 sites (locations) around the world that need ICT Infrastructure to function adequately and efficiently. MSF needs a solid ICT Infrastructure in its missions to support ongoing digital transformation processes.
The Field ICT program has been launched in 2017 to address these needs. Typical Field ICT solutions are a balanced mix of technology, human capital and pragmatism. The Field ICT Program analyzes, prototypes and delivers solutions that have been validated with and by operational staffs. To strengthen our Field ICT Team, the General Direction Department is looking for a Field ICT Connectivity Technical Referent.
The Field ICT Connectivity Technical Referent is going to be part of the Field ICT Program team. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the MSF Field ICT Program Manager and in close collaboration with the Field ICT Solutions Architect, other MSF Operational Centers, and related MSF ICT and Field Operations stakeholders.
As a Field ICT Connectivity Technical Referent, you will be responsible for generating Connectivity and related Quality of Services designs in response to Field/Operations requirements. You will contribute to develop and maintain technical roadmaps which support MSF’s ICT strategy and deliver robust solutions to the field. You will be the reference person and recommend the most appropriate connectivity practices.
- Provide connectivity and QoS guidance and support the Field ICT program and its deliverables;
- Translate Field and Operations requirements to fit-for-purpose, reliable connectivity solutions;
- Design & roll out cost effective connectivity solutions Proof of Concept to meet Field/Operations requirements, dealing with all dependencies;
- Design solutions to collect and monitor connectivity data;
- Present and defend a technology agnostic approach and present alternatives and options based on experience, facts, and analysis;
- Improve existing mobile connectivity and aggregation kits;
- Support the delivery of Solutions Roadmaps, Technology Roadmaps Cookbooks, Standards, Rules and Guidelines, Decisions logs, based on the principles of Minimum Viable Documentation;
- Support Communication on new Field ICT Solutions;
- Support the creation of a blueprint for the current & future Field ICT connectivity Solutions.
We are looking for a forward thinking and rigorous candidate, inspired by MSF social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
The ideal candidate has a track record on delivering solutions, has a hands-on approach, and ideally has 5+ years of relevant experience.
Education and experience
- Experience in MSF (field and/or HQ), or other international NGO operating in similar contexts, is an asset;
- iNARTE or equivalent certification is an asset;
- English and French are mandatory;
- Radio amateur or marine radio operator experience is an asset;
- Degree in computer science, telecommunication, engineering or other relevant discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Connectivity/Telecom;
- Experience in multi stakeholder environment is a must;
- Experience in dynamic and rapidly changing international environment is an asset.
Your hard skills
- Design and Implementation of LAN, WAN, WLAN, WWAN, SDWAN, VLAN…
- Sound understanding of HF, VHF, UHF, Sattelite, …
- Sound technical knowledge of network hardware, internet standards and technologies
Your soft skills
- You are a clear and concise communicator and like to simplify complex matters;
- You are a self-starter and can work independent, but like working in a team;
- You can focus on tangible needs and results;
- You have good analytical and conceptual skills and can deal with constraints and uncertainty;
- You enjoy sharing your expert views to stakeholders on IT and on business side
- You adhere to MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
This position requires frequent travel to other MSF Operational Centers in Europe and to MSF missions (ability to travel up to 20%).
This position is with international scope. It is managed by OCB and reports directly to the Field ICT Program Manager and to the FICT Program Executive.
- Open-end contract - Full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: asap
Deadline for applications: 18/10/2019
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “field ICT connectivity technical referent” in the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.