Compensation and Benefits Officer (m/f)
The objective of the Compensation & Benefit (Comp & Ben) team is to provide OCB (Operational Center Brussels) with a solid remuneration system enabling to attract, motivate and retain profiles needed for the association to lead and manage its operations. The scope includes all statuses, national (HQ and national staff in the field) and international.
It means building and maintaining an equitable and fair system in order to ensure a balance between cost effectiveness, the capacity to attract and retain the best elements, and MSF as association.
The work done in OCB follows the international reward frame of the MSF movement, meaning the remuneration system needs to be defined in an operational perspective but also in the objective of alignment between all MSF sections.
One of the main stakes is to ensure equity and develop as much as possible mobility between the different staff segments.
As part of the team, the role will support in the daily implementation of all compensation & benefits questions in the organization.
Under the direct supervision of the OCB Compensation and Benefits referent, the Comp & Ben officer will:
Concerning the International Staff remuneration:
- Represent OCB in the Compensation and Benefits platform meetings
- Organize regular briefings and trainings to HQ and field staff on the remuneration system for international staff
- Keep the internal guidelines up to date and ensure a good information management to the different stakeholders
- Assist the Comp and Ben referent on questions raised concerning the evolution of the current policy
For the field function grids in the different OCB missions:
- Act as an internal Helpdesk on IRFFG (International Reference Field Function Grid): codes, levels, methodology, etc.
- Score new positions according to the Hay methodology
- Assist the field in finding corresponding IRFFG position when possible
- Keep the IRFFG part of the career portal updated
- Liaise with National staff and expatriate database (Homère and HR.net) referent on the creation of new positions
- Organize briefings, assist in facilitating trainings, etc. in order to train both field and HQ staff on IRFFG
- Upon request of the Comp and Ben referent, take over the role of the Tech. referent in the implementation of IRFFG in a specific mission(s)
In the salary review process for national staff of the different OCB missions:
- Accompany the HRco (HR Coordinator) in salary review processes: salary proposal based on benchmarking, preparation cost simulation, assist the field with communication, link with other sections, etc.
- Train field and HQ staff on the MSF salary review methodology
- Three years post-secondary diploma or Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, business administration, finance or related field
- Minimum 1 year of MSF field experience in HR
- Minimum 1 year experience in an HR technical and/or specialist function related to Compensation and Benefits and/or Function classification
- Available for regular travels to the field
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel is compulsory, Homere (internal HRIS system) is an asset
- Knowledge of Hay methodology is an asset
- Languages: bilingual French - English
- Service Orientation
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Pedagogical and communication skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Capacity to work under pressure
The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Indefinite- Full-time - Based in Brussels with regular travels to the field
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: asap
Interested? Send your cover letter and CV before 01/03/2019, to Muriel Moussiaux: Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. E-mail: Recruit-HQ-HR@brussels.msf.org