Circle Referent for Learning Solutions and Support Services (m/f)
OCB’s HR vision for 2016-2019 rests on 3 pillars:
1. Facilitate and co-create a culture of excellence and pass on the DNA
2. Be a responsible employer and safeguard HR values
3. Provide and develop the talent for today & tomorrow
This vision, which is centred around the performance and development of our staff in order to achieve our operational objectives, is supported by OCB’s Learning Vision: “to contribute to the free flow of human resources within MSF by giving all staff equitable and inclusive access to relevant, innovative, timely and streamlined learning opportunities aligned to strategic operational priorities within OCB.”
Both these visions underline the importance of learning & development opportunities for all staff, in order to increase the quality of operations.
The Circle Referent for Learning Solutions & Support Services works in close cooperation with the Circle Referent for Development Advisers & Recruitment, the facilitators, other departments and reports directly to the People Development Hub Coordinator.
The Referent coordinates and manages 2 circles: Learning Solutions & Support Services (to the learning Solutions Circle). As a referent, he represents those circles inside and outside the hub.
The main areas of responsibility of the Circle Referent for Learning Solutions & Support Services are to:
- Act as a team manager for the 2 circles
- Contribute within the organisation, to the formulation of OCB’s vision, policy process & strategy for Learning Solutions
- Act as a team manager the 2 circles (16 people):
- Define and organize the priorities of the circle in line with the general strategy of the Hub. Follow-up of decision making and of their implementation.
- Ensure proper communication and flow of information to and from the team
- Follow-up of different projects in link with the circles
- People management: available for team members, manage eventual conflicts and take into account the well-being of the teams, propose individual development plans
- Contribute within the organisation to the formulation of OCB's vision, policies, processes & strategies for Learning Solutions and support services:
- Ensures main goals & objectives of the circles are achieved
- Alignment and consistency of the strategy with internal partners
- Contribute to the definition and the implementation of management/monitoring tools
- Ensures the relevance and the efficiency of processes and policies (existing and to be developed)
- Communicate regularly with the 2 circles’ facilitators
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders
- Support team members while representing the 2 circles with other departments
- Promoting the Learning Solutions activities inside OCB and with counterparts
- Preference for a university degree in Management or Learning/Training
- Experience in MSF Field is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in team management, preferably in an international and complex context
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and cultural communication skills
- Team player and cross functional attitude
- Very good aptitude for listening and dialogue
- Fluent both in French and in English
- Adherence to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment
- Open-ended contract – full time
- Position based in Brussels
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) - Pension plan – Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Start date: 19/08/2019
CV and cover letter to be sent before 29/07/2019 to email@example.com.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.