Web Officer – MSF Guidelines (m/f)
Location: 1 of the MSF Operation Center
Duration: Part time (50%) – permanent contract
Deadline for applications: June 5th 2019
Starting date: 1st July 2019
Reporting to: Guidelines project manager / International Medical Coordinator (Myriam Henkens)
- MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
- POSITION BACKGROUND
International Guidelines Project
MSF has produced medical practice guidelines for more than 25 years. These guidelines are primarily based on MSF field experience and scientific evidence and most of them target non-specialized staff. Their objective is to disseminate adapted and specialized knowledge to teams working in the field who are not specialized in the subject matter.
There are currently about 20 international MSF guidelines, some of them are produced in several languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic)
It has been decided to complement the guidelines offers with several digital versions to be available on msf.org website and also in specific applications
For the digitalization of the Guidelines, MSF has developed a solution in Atlassian Confluence Wiki back-end and a web front-end solution combined with a dedicated native app for mobile devices.
- PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The guidelines Web Officer will be part of the guidelines project team and work under the supervision of the International Guidelines Publication (IGP) manager. The IGP team is under the responsibility of the international medical coordinator representing the medical director platform.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Integrated in the International Guidelines Publication (IGP) team, with a 50% employee contract, the web officer will manage the IGP platform.
- MAIN RESPONSABILITIES
Web and mobile app management
- Basic infra maintenance and support tasks (assure continuity of service level, manage the external support and maintenance required)
- Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website and mobile app
- Ensure visibility and accessibility of the platform from other MSF knowledge management systems
- Propose next development phase management for team discussion and decision with the IGP manager
- Provide information for the related budget definition, follow up and management to IGP manager
Interaction with the team
- S/he builds, maintains effective collaboration and coordinates with the IGP Team
- S/He maintains specific interaction with the person in charge of the following
- Design optimization of content
- UI and UX enhancement of Confluence user interface
- Support to conduct training, guidance and support of web environment to the team
- PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
Education and experience
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in experience
- Experience in Web and Mobile App management
- Knowledge of and experience with design (UI, UX)
- Experiences with IT development in the edition domain are a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Cloud administration including: Confluence, JIRA, Portfolio, Bitbucket Bamboo desired
- Ability to understand the needs and constraints of MSF operations / Guidelines project
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people
- Change management capacities
- Strong web design skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, diplomatic, open-minded and listening skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness
- Autonomous, flexible and stress tolerance, ability to adapt quickly
- Team worker
- Language(s) required: Fluent English & French
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply