Regional Unifield Finance Officer - English Speaking
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Regional Unifield Finance Officer (m/f/x)
The mission of the Finance Department is to ensure that financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF Belgium and to ensure an optimal use of financial resources. The Field Accounting is managed using Unifield, an ERP system integrating finance and supply, and shared by all coordinations and projects.
Within the Finance Department, the Applications Support Unit maintains, develops and administers a different range of applications used by the Finance departments.
The Finance Applications Support Unit is the centre of expertise for the applications and their data structure.
The Regional Unifield Finance Officer are members of the Finance department reporting to the Finance Applications Support Coordinator. They provide the following type of support to the missions:
- Unifield Finance technical support to the missions
- Unifield Finance training and coaching to mission Finance staff
- Unifield Finance documentation updates
- Unifield implementation support of new missions or projects
- Training and support on financial tools according to the needs (knowledge of Wefin is a plus)
For the missions he/she is in charge of, the Regional Unifield Finance Support Officer will:
- Provide technical direct support to all users in the missions
- Escalate to HQ referent all supports requiring their input, i.e. Fin-tools for technical questions, FAC for accounting questions
- Provide regular reports, with extensive feedback & recommendations to the Unifield Finance Functional Manager and the FAC team
- Maintain the good coordination with the Supply team in the missions with an integrated approach
Training & Coaching
- Assess the Unifield Finance knowledge for each mission
- In collaboration with the FAC, ensure the training and coaching of all users
- In collaboration with the others Unifield Finance Regional, maintain the training materials to be used in the field
- Training and support on financial tools according to the needs
- In collaboration with the FAC, supports the missions in adapting the standard Unifield Finance procedures to their local needs
- Collect and provide feedback on possible functional improvements of the ERP system
- Provide feedback on the different Unifield (OCB) guidelines and procedures in case they need to be updated or in case new guidelines / procedures are needed.
- Participate in the implementation of new missions or projects (software setup, users rights, …), including emergencies, acting as an implementer
- In collaboration with the others Unifield Finance Regional, maintain the implementation material up to date
- MSF Unifield Finance/Accounting experience
- MSF experience, preferably in an OCB mission
- Experience in training (hands on coaching and giving trainings to various levels of staff)
- Ability to work autonomously with remote reporting line
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in Finance / Accounting management
- Good knowledge of Office package and other computer tools.
- Very good organization and communication skills
- Results and objectives oriented
- Good communication skill, flexibility and solution oriented
- Fluent English, French and Spanish are assets
- Adhere to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Trust, Empowerment
- Working permit to be able to work in one of the English-speaking countries with MSFOCB presence
- Expected starting date: Position needed asap
- Contract type: Open-ended contract – Full time – under local legislation
- Location: Based in a country where MSF Belgium is present
- Field position: level 8 IRFFG – salary based on the salary grid valid in the mission/country of recruitment, annual leaves and recovery days based on the visits
- Mobile position, available to travel within the country, in other OCB missions and occasionally in the EU (Belgium) – expected mobility of 50%
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 6th of December 2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit.HQ.email@example.com and mention “Regional Unifield Finance Officer” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.