Program manager valuation of field assets & stocks
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Program manager valuation of field assets & stocks (m/f/x)
The objective of the Valuation of field assets & stocks Program is to enable reporting, at any given moment, on the value of the medical & non-medical stocks and assets owned by Operational Center Brussels in the field. This will enable identification of areas of improvement, trigger discussions about current practices in place and ultimately improve our accountability on the management of these resources. This program contains two projects: i) the field asset valuation project and ii) the field stock valuation project.
To achieve this goal the approach will be:
- For stocks: to identify the existing data over the different platforms/tools, to assess their quality, to bridge different systems so as to integrate information on inventories managed in different systems, to value these stocks with appropriate unit prices, and to develop accountability reports (days stock, obsolete stocks, stock differences, …) in BI tools.
- For field assets: to work on the definition of an asset (as opposed to a consumable), data quality and integration with asset management applications existing in the field, development of the fixed assets register module existing in the field ERP and creation of procedures and guidelines for the day-to-day follow-up of these assets in the field.
The mission of the Program Manager valuation of field assets & stocks will be to successfully lead the Program, by managing directly the Field stock valuation project and overviewing the project for the valuation of the field assets.
This position will be reporting to the Finance Applications Support Unit Coordinator within the Finance department and will also report back to the two other sponsoring departments of the program, namely the Supply Chain and Logistics departments.
- Definition of the governance of the program
- Ensures that the 2 projects included in the program are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Reports regularly to the Sponsors, Steering Committee, Project Portfolio Monitoring Committee (PPMC) and Audit Committee on the evolution of the projects.
Valuation of field stocks project
- Coordinates internal and external resources for the flawless execution of the project
- Gathers the requirements of the different interested parties
- Organize workshops with clear agendas and expected outcome
- Prepare propositions from the outcomes of the workshops
- In collaboration with the technical teams prepares the technical requirements for any potential development so that they can be included in the applications.
- Develops project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensures resource availability and allocation
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress
- Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Manages the relationship with all stakeholders
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks
- Creates and maintain comprehensive project documentation
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF’s social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
Education and experience:
- Background in the fields of Data science or Project Management
- Proven working experience as a Project Administrator or Analyst (preferably in the Finance, Supply or ICT sector)
- MSF past experience is an asset
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development, reporting tools and web technologies
- PRINCE2 / PMI / Agile certification is a plus
- Fluent working knowledge of both English and French
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- You are autonomous, passionate by technology and a team player
- You are able to work independently and self-organized
- You are able to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- You are organized, detail-focused, accurate, with problem-solving skills
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract (CDD) of 9 months, full-time
- Location: based in Brussels
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 28/06/2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit.HQ.email@example.com and mention “Program manager valuation of field assets & stocks” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.