Product Coordinator (m/f)
The Supply Chain of MSF Operational Center in Brussels (OCB) manages all segments at international and local levels.
As part of OCB Supply Chain, MSF Supply is the European Supply center located in Brussels which offers integrated logistics services to MSF missions on the field. MSF Supply also serves other humanitarian organizations. In 2018, MSF Supply served 59.000 order lines and sent more than 21,000 m3 to victims of disasters and conflicts.
As part of the OCB Supply Chain, the Procurement Department is responsible for the acquisition of products and equipment acquisition destined for operations on the field.
The International Pharmaceutical Coordination of MSF implemented a sources validation scheme for drugs which MSF Supply has to follow. Similarly, a procedure is under progress for medical devices. Technical validation for non-medical items does not follow the same procedure but is performed in accordance with quality standards defined by international working groups.
The mission of the Product Coordinator and his/her team, composed of 12 persons, is twofold:
· Ensure that the technical validation of products sources is performed according to specifications and international and MSF standards of quality
· Ensure the quality assurance of products (medical and non-medical items) supplied by MSF Supply to MSF missions and external clients allows the level of service and performance expected.
The responsibilities of this position are:
- Support the Head of Procurement in the definition of the strategy objectives related to quality of product and quality of service aligning with higher level strategy
- Develop an action plan in order to achieve these strategic objectives
- Ensure that the technical validation for medical items and non-medical items is compliant with MSF’s Quality Assurance procedure and MSF’s specified needs, and is done according to the relevant priority for MSF Operations
- Ensure the quality of data management related to articles, bill of materials of kits and manufacturers (or suppliers) to allow a qualitative and reliable information flow
- Supervise, coach and inspire the Product team in order to achieve the strategic objectives assigned to the Department.
- Promote and ensure an effective cross-functional collaboration with other teams within MSF Supply,
- Develop and enhance collaboration with MSF stakeholders in the Operational Centers, the 2 other European supply centers and at international level,
- Act as focal point representing MSF Supply for the international codification master data tool and governance,
- As part of the management team of MSF Supply, takes part to operational and strategic decisions and monitors their implementation.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain management or Pharmaceutical or engineering domains
- At least 8 years of professional experience including at least 4 years of experience implementing and improving processes, procedures and tools, developing and monitoring performance indicators and data quality management
- At least 3 years managing, guiding & developing a team is required, experience and interest in participative management models is a plus,
- Experience in project management (waterfall and/or agile) is required,
- Fluency in English and French are required. Dutch is a plus,
- Good command of Office package (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and databases is required
- Rigor and organizational skills, Analytical mindset, capacity for initiative, problem solving, strong interpersonal qualities and sense of diplomacy,
- Abilities to guide, to define priorities, to develop and to motivate a team,
- Abilities for teamwork and cross-functional work,
- Experience in the Human appreciated.
We offer :
- A full-time permanent contract
- Salary according to experience level + meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, transport fee
- Start date: 15th of October 2019
- Location : Neder-Over-Heembeek (Brussels) – Belgium
Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter by August 27th, 2019 with reference
Product Coordinator by mail at: job.MSFSUPPLY@brussels.msf.org
For more information, please check our website: www.msfsupply.be