Pool Manager “flying”
The function is ensuring the replacement of Pool Managers while on leave for different reasons. Therefore it contributes to ensuring the right match, at the right moment, between the HR demand coming from Operations (open vacancies) and the HR offer both in terms of quantity and quality of the profiles.
Part of the Operational HR Hub, the schedule of the Flying Pool Manager is managed by the Field HR Resource Manager who is responsible to define the additional tasks that the flying will perform, depending on the existing workload.
Building the HR pyramid for his/her pool
- Collects the operational needs through open vacancies in short term and the matrix for longer term, assesses the match with the existing pool and works out short and longer-term solutions in terms of quantity and competencies in collaboration with the department concerned to answer at best to the operational demand.
- Carries out a statistical analysis of his/her pool in order to ensure that the pool matches operational requirements in both short and longer term.
- Participates to the definition of the first mission target for recruitment and accordingly manages the definition and development of his/her pool.
- Ensures the diffusion of the demand defined towards the different actors concerned (Recruitment & Development Advisors of Partner Sections, Learning and Development Unit) and collaborates with them in order to define adapted solutions.
- Upon request, facilitates the sensitization activities related to his/her pool in collaboration with the recruitment unit.
- Develops a good understanding of the requested profile for the vacancies by integrating information from the job profile, the job description, the mission context and specific requirements.
- Collect information (recruitment report if FM, evaluations, feedback from DA) on a potential candidate in order to be able to propose him/her for matching following the matching process.
- Makes the most efficient matching by selecting the best profile for the specific vacancy from the candidates available, as described in the “matching process”.
- Considers the global workforce to answer the operational needs: HQ staff, national staff and international staff.
- When identifying a position that will not be filled with pool members, look for alternative solutions, for example launching a recruitment on post, re-discuss the set up in the field, etc.
- When needed according to matching process, discusses candidates with technical referent.
- Communicates regularly with operations through HRO in the cells and HRCo.
- Briefs and debriefs expats according to the policy.
Works in close collaboration with Partner Sections (OCB and non OCB) to ensure the answer to the operational demand
- Ensure optimal information exchange with the different DA so that s/he can do efficient and professional mission proposals.
- Facilitates the validation of CV by technical referent for the different recruiters.
- In collaboration with the concerned DA, discusses potential identification and works towards retention through career plans that are balancing operations needs and the wishes of the expatriate.
- Upon request identifies expatriates from the pool for fixed term missions in the HQ, facilitates expatriate mobility towards HQ posts and informs interested expatriates and/or DA of possible HQ positions.
Support the PM for Medical doctors:
- Ensure good information management and Update of HR.Net (i.e. availability- professional wishes, development plans in the system)
- Validation of profiles.
- Follow up FM target
- Update HR demand matrix
- Follow up the training application requests and participation in the selection committees
Education and experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, Business or equivalent field
- Minimum 3-years MSF field experience
- Experience in coordination position within MSF is a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Leadership, Team player and cross functional attitude.
- Very good aptitude for listening and dialogue
- Fluent both in French and in English
- Adherence to MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment
- Adherence the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- 6 months Replacement Contract - full time position based in Brussels.
- Hospital insurance (DKV)-Pension plan-Canteen-100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Starting date : 15 March 2020
Deadline for applications: February 29th, 2020
CV + cover letter to be sent to Human Resources - Muriel Moussiaux, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “PM flying” in the title.
Please name your application documents (CV and cover letter) with your LAST NAME. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.