Non-Communicable Diseases Referent (m/f)
We are seeking replacement cover for a six-month period of maternity leave, oriented primarily towards providing day to day clinical and technical support to field teams for the topic of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs). This position will be answerable to the Senior Medical Advisor.
Clinical and technical support to field teams
- Respond to technical questions, case discussions and provide feedback on contextual adaptations of protocols.
- Undertake field visits as requested.
- Develop and deliver short trainings for field teams as requested.
- Work with the Pharmacy, Laboratory and Biomedical referents to validate drugs and equipment pertaining to NCDs.
Programmatic and strategic support as required
- Liaise with the medical representatives in the Cells to provide direction to the field in alignment with the Medical Department strategy.
- Participate in Patio, Comité de Projets and Annual Review of Operations meetings and follow-up.
- Assist with field assessments and surveys as required.
- Work with other Technical Referents and senior management in the Medical Department on transversal medical topics.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Read and follow up on data and reports prepared by the field.
- Assist the HQ M&E team with fine-tuning of the NCD M&E tools.
- Participate in briefing and debriefing of medical expats leaving or returning from field missions.
- Assist the Pool Managers in validating CVs of candidates for specialist NCD roles.
- Medical doctor with specialisation in Internal Medicine or General Practice.
- Up to date clinical knowledge and experience in the topic of NCDs.
- Field experience with MSF is essential.
- Demonstrated Public Health experience; a master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Tropical Medicine is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential; French is an asset.
- The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Fixed term contract of 6 months.
- Based in Brussels with possible field visits.
- Insurance (DKV) – Complementary pension plan – Accessible food prices at MSF canteen – reimbursement (100%) of public transport costs.
CV + motivation letter to be sent before 18/10/2019 to Caroline Maes, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit, 46 - 1050 Brussels or to email@example.com with “CDD NCD” in the subject.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.