Multicountry Biomedical support manager – Lebanon
Cette fonction nécessite un niveau avancé d'anglais et sera donc uniquement publiée dans cette langue.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is operating in Middle East for many years. However, the medical operations conducted in Lebanon, Syria, Gaza and Iraq have grown in complexity during the last years. Indeed, MSF has developed complex medical infrastructure which needs the expertise of highly qualified staff.
- Give first line support and help the projects to best maintain and repair the medical equipment installed in the supported countries (Lebanon, Syria, Gaza and Iraq).
- Market Assessment of local/regional Distributors/Suppliers including after sales services.
- Harmonization of Biomed support in the region.
- High level analyses of recurrent issues.
- Support the projects on their technical issues and escalate them if necessary.
- Reinforce capacities by organizing trainings around medical equipment.
- Analyze the needs for maintenance in the different projects and give recommendations for HR ideal setup.
- Follow up and ensure the reporting on the progress of the biomedical activities following the adequate lines of communications.
- Study local regulations that impact the use and safety of medical equipment.
- Propose a regional standard medical equipment list.
- Facilitate the clarification of roles and responsibilities, between Log, Med and Supply, for appropriate medical equipment management in the field.
- Ad-hoc demands according to field priorities.
- Essential: Master in biomedical or electronic engineering from a University or a Technical School
- Essential: Minimum 3 years of professional experience as Biomedical specialist, with experience in related position
- Essential: experience in hospitals
- Appreciated: training in any specific medical equipment (used for anaesthesia, radiology, laboratory, etc.)
- Appreciated: knowledge of the MSF standard protocols
- Appreciated: experience in developing countries
- Reporting abilities
- Problem solving mindset
- Good communication skills
- Expected starting date in February/March 2020
- Position based in Lebanon (Beirut) but mainly carried out (up to 75% of the time) in the field.
- Able to travel to all destinations (Iraq, Gaza, Lebanon)
- 1 year fixed-term field contract – full-time.
- Salary according to MSF-OCB Field salary scale. Transport, accommodation, vaccinations are taken in charge by MSF. Per diem + medical insurance.
- No family position
- Adhere to MSF charter
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues
- Personal career development throughout several missions
HOW TO APPLY?
Application (CV + cover letter) to be sent before the 21/02/2020 to Active.Fieldrecruitment@brussels.msf.org with in subject of your mail: “Multicountry Biomed + Family name and First name”.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.