Logistics Admin/HR Finance Manager (m/f)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We work in over 60 countries, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. The Humanitarian HUB in Brussels of MSF Operational Centre Brussels is looking for a: Logistics Admin/HR Finance Manager (m/f)
Since September 2017 a stable number of +/- 700 migrants group in the Maximilian Park in Brussels. Most are waiting to cross to the UK. Although we are dealing with a transient population flow, the demographics of the people in Brussels stay more or less the same. Most of them come from Sudan, Eritrea and Ethiopia.
Since September 2018 we see a rise of newcomers arriving in Brussels. Many of them have been brought to Brussels by the police after being arrested at different locations throughout the country (mainly in parking lots and along highways). After being taken by the Police to the Belgian Immigration Office the majority ends up in the Maximilian Park across the street from Immigration Services and are all left without any assistance of the Belgian authorities.
These people are in need of shelter, food, medical and psychosocial care and access to objective information about asylum procedures and their rights.
Several Belgian NGO's and civil society actors have joined their efforts and are providing a series of humanitarian services in a common project, the humanitarian hub (the HUB), with the objective of responding in a comprehensive manner to the needs of these people. The HUB offers medical care, mental health care, family tracing services, clothes distribution, social and legal assistance, as well as phone charging and phone call possibilities. Médecins Sans Frontières is providing mental health care in this set-up with 2nd line support in the MSF Clinic located 200 meters away from the HUB.
MSF in Belgium
In addition to above mentioned activities, MSF was running activities in Asylum Seeker Reception centres until end of 2018. Mental health and psychosocial support were provided in collaboration with Fedasil (the Federal agency for asylum seekers). Several advocacy and guidelines are yet to be finalized in 2019. The coordination in Belgium currently consists of a Head of Mission (HOM), a Medical Health Activity Manager (MHAM) and a Deputy Medical Coordinator (Medco). They are accountable for both the activities and the project.
Humanitarian Hub common objectives:
Beginning of 2018 all partners in the HUB agreed upon following set of objectives:
- Respond in an integrated way to the needs of migrants and refugees in transit
- Develop a model of intervention that could be duplicated in contexts that are faced with similar transiting migrant population
- Facilitate the mobilization of civil solidarity towards the most vulnerable migrant population
Who does what?
- Mental health: MSF (where 2nd line Mental Health care is offered in the MSF Clinic 200 meters away from the HUB)
- Legal advice: Plateforme Citoyenne
- Social services: Plateforme Citoyenne
- Non-Food distribution: Plateforme Citoyenne
- Medical consultations: MDM
- Family link tracing and overseas phone calls: Belgian Red Cross
MAIN ACTIVITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Elaborating, planning and supervising in close collaboration with the Field Coordinator (FC) and Head of Mission (HOM) in Brussels, the logistics/ supply/ HR/ fin/admin activities and the budget planning, as required in the project in order to identify, respond and ensure the present and future needs of the project (including the Annual Review of Operations (ARO) 2020).
- Monitoring the implementation of the daily activities according to the scope of responsibility involving one or more of the following: logistics, supply, and HR/Fin/Admin, as identified and specified by his/her line manager, in accordance with MSF procedures and guidelines.
Logistics: logistics/technical activities in collaboration with the projects Facility Manager and Epool Logistician (as support on request). Follow up of the telecom and IT equipment (telephones, computers, network and internet).
- In collaboration with the facility manager in the HUB and the Coordinator of the HUB, follows up building maintenance works of HUB project and liaises when necessary with facility services of the building
- Follows up any construction or rehabilitation works at project site in Brussels
- Edits tender, invites contractors and realizes the comparison bid analysis to select the most accurate one (in accordance with the Validation Table rules)
- Identifies with the HUB coordinator and service logistic priorities for HUB project
- Works in close collaboration with the team of the Training and Innovation Center “Espace Bruno Corbé - EBC” when some technical material is needed or when the van is needed for material transportation
- Follows up of the Internal Request sheets
- When required, updates in close coordination with the Field Coordinator the project security policy, implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy
HR in collaboration with HR-Officer of Epool:
- Recruitment and briefing: Every employee receives a comprehensive briefing when taking the position (Internal Regulation, Health Policy, MSF Charter, Behavioural Commitments, Job Profile, etc.)
- Edits and/or updates the Job Profiles and updates organizational charts regularly with the appropriate line managers
- Follows up on end of contracts and leaves, and makes sure that evaluation processes are done and properly communicated
- Encodes absences in HR.Net and ensures that a proper planning for absences is enforced with the appropriate line managers in order to maintain a healthy work balance amongst national staff
- Follow-up of any training and detachment as indicated by the Field coordinator or Head of Mission
- Follow-up of administration documents: Memory of Understanding with MDM and others, maintenance contracts, building agreements
- With the Field Coordinator, ensures that the health policy is up to date and effective within the project localities
Finance/Admin: administration related to activities, the accountancy (Unifield encoding), general ledger and reporting activities, supervision of payments to suppliers, internal or external, and personnel:
- Responsible of updated monthly forecast of the mission and annual budget AROs preparation in collaboration with budget holder and users
- Ensures the management of the treasury of the mission and projects (bank, cashbox, credit card) and in respect of the MSF security of funds
- Monitors the implementation and management of MSF financial standard procedures
- Responsible of accountancy of the mission
- Responsible of the follow up of insurances and contracts
- Essential: University or higher education.
- Desirable: Degree in related fields (Finance – HR – Logistics).
- Essential: Minimum 1 years’ experience in Finance, HR and Logistics management.
- Desirable: Knowledge of and familiarity with migration’s context.
- Desirable: Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable: knowledge of Unifield (an ERP that integrates both the Finance and Supply chain flows in the same database system) and HR.Net (HR Database)
- Essential: French, English
- Desirable: Dutch
- Essential: Driving Licence cat. B (valid in Belgium).
- Essential: Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Essential: Candidate identifies adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Desirable: Familiar with Online Teamwork platforms.
- 12 months contract – full-time
- Starting date: January 6th, 2020
- Location: Brussels, Belgium (Hub)
Deadline for applications: December 8th, 2019
CV and motivation letter with “Ressources Manager” in the subject line to be send to: Msfocbfirstname.lastname@example.org before 08/12/2019
We thank all those who apply. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted further.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.