Intranet Project Support Intern
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organization. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of nearly 65,000 people.
The Operational Centre Brussels (one of the 5 Operational sections of MSF) is currently developing a new intranet for all staff, combined with a newly defined knowledge management strategy. This intranet will be a tool for sharing internal communications, managing all staff information and connecting staff. The project will start in September 2021 and should last for a total of 8 months.
Under the responsibility of the Internal Communications Manager, the intern will in charge of two main tasks:
- Supporting the migration of content onto the new Intranet platform (Microsoft SharePoint)
- Supporting departments in inventorying the resources to be migrated in the new intranet system and in assigning metadata
- Supporting departments (HR/Ops/MED) with the transfer/migration of documents from a multitude of platforms onto the new system.
- Tagging with metadata all resources imported in the new system
- Respecting standard naming convention for all resources imported
- Investigating the quality of the resources (title, format, metadata in the document life cycle / translations) and proposing adaptation or changes where necessary
- Collaborate to the development of the new intranet taxonomy
- Supporting the implementation of the intranet change communications plan
- Ensure all communications are timely and well targeted
- Developing a newsletter for specific target groups
- Provide trainings/training material to new users
- Relevant working experience linked to the function
- Fluency in English and French
- Precise, autonomous, curious
- Excellent writing skills (in English or French)
- Experience with taxonomy / information management is an asset
- Expected starting date: Asap
- Contract type: Unpaid Internship / Internship with agreement from a school/training institution.
- Place of work: Brussels (1050) / Homeworking is an option
- Department: General Directorate / Internal Communications Circle
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- Length: 3 to 5 months
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October the 4th and mention “Intranet Project Support” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact email@example.com for more information about the position.
MSF values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil status, race, color or ethnic and national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
MSF cares about the protection of your data. By submitting your application, you agree to MSF's use of your personal data. For more information, see our privacy notice for applicants.