ICT Analyst / Developer (m/f)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation. To enhance our support from Brussels, the General Direction Department is looking for an: ICT Analyst / Developer (m/f)
Integrated within the headquarters ICT Systems & Applications team, the ICT Analyst/Developer will support his colleagues in the development of in-house projects and application technical support. S/he will gradually work the whole SDLC of the projects including business analysis and application architecture design.
We expect you to support the ICT Application Manager in the following duties:
- Work closely with the team (Program/project managers, integrators/developers, Senior users) in the 2 main programs/projects (Identity Access Management and Middleware)
- Assist in the definition of the business case for innovative projects and organize, translate and simplify them into requirements
- Analyse, Design and implement new services, integrations, and interfaces with applications and systems.
- Document, train and support the users
- Establish relations with different operational stakeholders in order to support in the design and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture
- Support in the definition of strategies, policies, and procedures and anticipate requirements.
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF’s social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
- You are autonomous, self-organized, passionate by technology and a team player
- You can adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- You are an active listener capable of challenging given situations with adequate methodology, and with a strong ability to synthesize
- You are humble, and you want to keep learning. You are open to share your ideas.
Education and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields.
- Eperience of at least 3 years in software development / application support / business analysis.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English ; French is an asset.
- Solid knowledge of Software development lifecycle
- Extensive experience in object-oriented programming (Java, Python)
- Good understanding of PHP and related frameworks (Drupal)
- Good understanding and experience with Web Services: REST, SOAP
- Experience in database design, development and strong SQL-based programming language skills
- Experience in working with user account provisioning
- Experience with web & Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat, nginx)
- Sound knowledge of IAM technologies
- Sound knowledge of Middleware technologies
- A working knowledge of Unix environment
- The candidate adheres to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Open Ended Contract - full time - Based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline for applications: 18th of November 2019
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.