Field ICT Solutions Architect (m/f)
The MSF movement has more than 500 sites (locations) around the world that need ICT Infrastructure to function adequately and efficiently. MSF needs a solid ICT Infrastructure in its missions to support ongoing digital transformation processes.
The Field ICT program has been launched in 2017 to address these needs. Typical Field ICT solutions are a balanced mix of technology, human capital and pragmatism. The Field ICT Program analyzes, prototypes and delivers solutions that have been validated with and by operational staffs. To strengthen our Field ICT Team, the General Direction Department is looking for a Field ICT Solutions Architect.
The Field ICT Solutions Architect is going to be part of the Field ICT Program team. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the MSF Field ICT Program Manager and in close collaboration with related MSF ICT and Field Operations stakeholders.
As Field ICT Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for generating ICT Solutions designs in response to Field/Operations requirements and contribute to develop and maintain technical roadmaps which support MSF’s ICT strategy and deliver robust solutions to the field. You will be the reference person and recommend the most appropriate solutions end-to-end and help MSF to increase the maturity of the ICT solutions in all domains: IT & Communication infrastructure, applications, data.
- Translate Field and Operations requirements to fit-for-purpose Field ICT solutions;
- As a transversal role, constantly align and merge Field ICT project requirements with target state architecture;
- Provide ICT architectural guidance and support the Field ICT program and its deliverables;
- Deliver feasibility assessments (time-to-market, ability2execute, on the field assessments) and advice on alternatives to enable the decision-making process;
- Design & validate cost effective architectures/solutions to meet Field/Operations requirements, dealing with all dependencies;
- Present and defend a technology agnostic approach and present alternatives and options based on facts, and analysis;
- Deliver Solutions Roadmaps, Technology Roadmaps Cookbooks, Rules and Guidelines, Decisions logs, based on the principles of Minimum Viable Documentation;
- Coach and support members of the ICT and Operations Teams on ICT infrastructure principles and methods;
- Improve existing ICT implementations on the field;
- Manage Field ICT solutions lifecycle;
- Support communication on new Field ICT Solutions;
- Lead the creation of a blueprint for the current & future Field ICT Solutions landscape;
- Embrace required architecture principles supporting the need to deliver fast and incremental solutions and features;
- Support and Coordinate technical activities of Field ICT team members
We are looking for a forward thinking and rigorous candidate, inspired by MSF social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
The ideal candidate has a track record on delivering solutions, has a hands-on approach, and ideally has 10+ years of relevant experience.
The ideal Field ICT Solutions Architect candidate also has built-on experience bottom up from Infrastructure service to IT solutions, over data architecture and application architecture.
Education and experience
- Experience in MSF (field and/or HQ), or other international NGO operating in similar contexts, is mandatory;
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or other relevant discipline; or equivalent by experience;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ICT Infrastructure;
- English and French are mandatory;
- Experience in multi stakeholder environment is a must;
- Experience in dynamic and rapidly changing international environment is an asset.
Your hard skills
- IT Infrastructure Technologies and Architectures: server, database, virtualization, containerization, storage and backup, application architectures (redundancy, clustering), networking, cloud technologies, PowerShell, DHCP, DNS, Linux, Microsoft ecosystem, UPS & Energy Management, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity, NAS, xxx As a Service;
- Security Technologies and Architectures: firewalls, internet proxy, load balancing, VPN solutions, application security;
- Firewalls, Antivirus, Certificate Services, Authentication & Authorization, Active Directory, Policies;
- Communication technologies : Cellular, VSAT, ADSL, WiMAX, Optical Fiber, HF/VHF;
- Mobile devices integration.
Your soft skills
- You are a self-starter and can work independent, but like working in a team;
- You are able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues who have lower backgrounds;
- You can focus on tangible needs and results, with the big picture in mind;
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills and can deal with constraints and uncertainty;
- You enjoy sharing your expert views to stakeholders on IT and on Operations side;
- You embrace Agile methods and can contribute to the Agile culture, enable autonomy, guidance over governance, consistent but lightweight deliverables;
- You adhere to MSF managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment.
This position requires frequent travel to other MSF Operational Centres in Europe and to MSF missions (ability to travel up to 20%).
This position is with international scope. It is managed by OCB and reports directly to the Field ICT Program Manager and to the FICT Program Executive.
- Open-end contract - Full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: asap
Deadline for applications: 18/10/2019
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “field ICT solutions architect” in the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.