Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Integrated within the headquarters ICT unit DevOps team, as a Data engineer / Data Integration Developer you will support the deployment of new applications in the software landscape. You will be involved in the Data Strategy, developing pipes between application and providing data analyses and visualization to your colleagues.
We expect you to collaborate closely with the other members of the team (program/project managers, integrators/developers) and even with senior users:
- Assist in the definition of functional requirements for projects and translating them into precise technical requirements;
- Development of the data pipes (specification, development, test, deployment, documentation, support)
- Development of Data sets and reports (specification, development, test, deployment, training & documentation, support)
- Provide training and third-line support to end-users.
We are looking for a forward thinking, adaptable, pragmatic, flexible and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF’s social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
- Knowledge of data management concepts: ETL, data lake, data warehouse
- Knowledge of Software development lifecycle
- Extensive programming experience in Talend Data Integration
- Knowledge of other Talend products is an asset
- Programming experience with Power BI
- Experience in database design, development
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Understanding and experience of Web Services: GraphQL, REST, SOAP
Education and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields, or equivalent workforce experience
- Experience of at least 3 years in Data integration developments / support / business analysis
- Experience of at least 3 years in Data Analysis (Data mining, Data Visualization)
- Knowledge of ERP systems flows and structure (especially accounting and financial flows)
- Experience of accounting and financial data flows
- Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage
- Languages: good command of English; French is an asset
- You are autonomous, self-organized, pragmatic, flexible, and a team player
- You can adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people
- You are an active listener capable of challenging given situations with adequate methodology, and with a strong ability to synthesize, and good at communicating
- You are curious and a fast learner; you are open to share your ideas
- Problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with project management concepts is an asset
- Expected starting date: September 2021
- 12-month contract, extendable to 18 months, based in Brussels HQ
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 22/08/2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and mention “Data Engineer” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.