Internship - Tactical Buyer Intern
MSF SUPPLY IS SEEKING A TACTICAL BUYER INTERN FOR THE PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT (INTERNSHIP 4 – 6 MONTS)
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES is an international, independent medical humanitarian organization today working in 60 countries. MSF offers assistance to populations affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare, based on need, irrespective of religion, gender or political affiliation.
As part of OCB (Operational Center Brussels) Supply Chain, MSF Supply is the European Supply center located in Brussels which offers integrated logistics services to MSF missions on the field. MSF Supply also serves other humanitarian organizations. In 2018, MSF Supply served 59.000 order lines and sent more than 21,000 m3 to victims of disasters and conflicts.
At the heart of MSF Supply, the procurement of products and materials for each mission falls within the Procurement Department. This department comprises a team of 5 strategic buyers who are responsible for managing the relationships with suppliers (choice, negotiation, monitoring the quality of the service, evaluation) and 2 tactical buyers who support the strategic buyers.
Under the responsibility of a Strategic Buyer from the team, the Purchasing Intern provides support to the strategic buyers and/or tactical buyers, in the management of current purchases, the identification of the portfolio to be negotiated, the improvement of procedures, and the updating of presentation documents.
He/she must first of all seek to ensure the reliability of the service and economic optimization.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Operational :
- He/she manages day-to-day purchases by delegation from a buyer by:
- Requesting quotations to meet product orders while seeking to stabilize prices as much as possible.
- Analyzing alternatives (sources already active in the database) when the preferred supplier cannot meet a procurement requirement.
- He/she ensures that the database is properly maintained and corrects/completes the information if necessary:
- Update business contacts
- Consistency of replenishment lead times and sales data
- Update prices and other commercial conditions
- Procedure improvement: Update existing procedures with the support of the team
- Presentation documents and external presentation media update
- He/she is in charge of the post- RFQ survey (Request for Quotation)
- Feedback on the 2021 process from 500 suppliers
- Analysis of tariff agreements (dates - duration)
- He/she performs ad-hoc analyses in support of the buyer (Brexit, sourcing, reporting working groups, etc.)
- You are currently a bachelor or master in the field of commerce, purchasing, supply chain or logistics
- You have a very good spoken and written knowledge of French and English. Dutch is a plus.
- You have a good command of database management, research and market data analysis
- You master IT tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook) and ideally have experience in ERP
- You are rigorous, organized, you have a good analytical mind and good interpersonal skills
- You have a great interest in the associative or humanitarian environment
- A 4 to 6 month full-time internship in a dynamic organization to be filled during the month of June 2021 (to be discussed depending on planned exams or university obligations)
- The opportunity to develop your skills and to live an enriching professional experience in which you will take part in projects and you will have real responsibilities.
- Place of work: depending on health restrictions (teleworking, at MSF Supply in Neder-over-Heembeek (North of Brussels) or a mix of the two)
Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter with the reference " Stage service Achats " to job.MSFSUPPLY@brussels.msf.org by 25/04/2021 at the latest.