Internship Opportunity - Learning and Development hub
MSF Belgium is looking for an intern to support the Learning and Development hub for 6 months.
Environment & conditions
MSF Belgium is located in Brussels.
MSF Learning and Development (L&D) hub is supporting the field teams with various learning events such as online training, communities of practice, online live peer sharing, etc. It also brings approaches and methodologies to HR/Development (HRDev) field focal points in terms of capacity building, learning and skills development.
The L&D Hub is looking for an intern for 4 to 6 months, working on both of these components: (1) supporting the design and implementation of various learning events and (2) supporting the HR-development part with targeted communication, peer sharing events, etc.
This opportunity allows the candidate to work on different components of the hub, which will give her/him a good overview of the hub and the range of support provided to the field teams. The person will be in contact with various stakeholders (from MSF sections and field colleagues), which will give the candidate a good idea of how such an organization is structured and works.
The candidate would be ideally based in Brussels or ready to commute 2-3 days per week.
The internship is based on a 6 months assignment (4 or 5 months possible based on candidates’ availability).
Tasks and responsibilities
Support to online learning events
- Support to an online training preparation and organization
- Communication with various field stakeholders
- Management of resources (zoom, classes, etc.)
- Co-facilitation of various events (field cafés, onboarding sessions, training)
Support to HRDev
- Support to the HRDev/L&D newsletter writing and dissemination
- Organization of peer sharing events with HRDev focal field points
- IT and Co-facilitation support with HR Dev global onboarding and follow up with participants with assignments and feedback collection
Support to supply week materials design
- Collection of relevant materials from various colleagues
- Sorting and classifying
- Support to event design
- Adaptation of existing material with the support of technical referents
Support to translation:
- Translation of training materials and documents from English to French
- OR: focal point with translators and follow-up of translation assignments
Targeted skills during the internship:
- Basics of andragogy
- Study ongoing (internship during master) in international relations, communication, translation, social sciences or any other relevant field.
- Fluent in both French and English. Spanish is an asset.
- Good communication skills
- At ease with online facilitation tools (Teams and zoom)
- Good planner and organized
- Ability to work in autonomy and on remote
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- 4 - 6 months unpaid internship contract - Full time – internship with school convention
- Reimbursement (100%) of public transport costs
- Free Canteen
- Starting date: September – October 2022
How to apply
- Send your CV and cover letter to Catherine.Lecrenier@brussels.msf.org
- Deadline for applications: 15/08/2022