The Intensivist Medical Doctor (MD) is a clinical leader for a group of Intensivists and general doctors working in the ICU and provide consultation in other areas of the hospital.
In some of our contexts it could be asking to work in Emergency Medicine (EM) setting/ service, where your Intensivist knowledge could be used to perform and improve the health care.
As Intensivist MD you supervise the care provided in a closed-unit model ICU, with ability of HFNC, NIV, and mechanical ventilation and/or possibly supervise EM teams.
Furthermore, you ensure that intensive care and EM medical activities for COVID-19 are according to MSF polices, protocols, and universal hygiene standards.
Finally, you increase the knowledge and practical skills of the ICU/ EM staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer to ensure quality of care is provided to the patients.
Medical doctor's title with:
- Specialist certification in Intensive Care/ Critical Care Medicine or equivalent (as per validation from OCB Emergency and Critical Care Referent). Intensive care/critical care specialty or subspecialty trainees near completion of training may be considered
- At least one year of experience working in the ICU
- Experience working in Emergency Medicine is an asset
- Comfortable to teach/ train colleagues
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good English and French language skills
- Having worked with other NGOs is an asset
Length of mission
- From minimum 6 weeks (effective in the field) to 4 months