Head of Supply Information Systems
Head of Supply Information Systems (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The Supply Chain Department covers the entire supply chain of the Operational Centre Brussels (OCB) and is responsible of the support to all OCB missions in the management of their supply chain.
Several information systems (IS) tools are used on OCB missions in order to facilitate supply chain management. These IS tools cover areas such as purchase, storage, and transport. In addition, these systems all generate data that can be used for decision making and monitoring. UniField is one of these tools covering supply and finance in the field. OCB started to deploy UniField in January 2015 and is now fully deployed in all missions.
The Head of Supply Information Systems is in charge of defining, applying and maintaining a Supply IS and data strategy for the OCB missions aligned with the Supply Chain department objectives.
This includes development and improvement of tools and reports, maintenance, and support services to end-users. To that end, he/she interworks with third parties (Unidata, MSF Supply, UniField Core Team, …) for new features, new requests and ensure coherence and integration of the other systems.
He/she supervises the Supply Information Systems Operational Team Leader (SISOTL) to ensure efficient Support to end-users and alignment between the tools and users’ needs. He/she supervises the Supply UF support team and plans resources according to the needs (support, testing, training…). He/she can also require resources that are not directly under his/her supervision like staff from a training center. He/she supervises the Supply Chain Data Analyst to ensure data is made accessible and usable by decision-makers to improve Supply Chain efficiency.
This position requires an important level of collaboration with the rest of the supply department to understand the needs to plan resources, with other departments and with other sections to align the services support and mutualize resources.
- Steer the general strategy for the various Supply Information Systems as well as Data and reporting within OCB Supply Chain. This includes information flows in entities that are under OCB management, but also entities out of the OCB management scope.
- Collect requests for new software, improvements on existing software, developments, new functionalities as well as data, analytics or reporting requests from users/departments.
- Anticipate, review the requests, and validate them to then issue requirements and ensure the appropriate solution is found based on specifications.
- Define the SIS Operational Structure (Training, Service transition, Service continuous improvement and Service operate) so that all Supply users can access the appropriate support in the daily use of the software and data
- Keep an overview of all existing systems and data in place that are linked with supply tools. Participate to ensure coherence, rationalization, and interfacing between systems.
- Participate in the Supply Chain Management Team meetings for the domains of supply information systems, data concerns, data strategy or any other topic relevant for SIS team management.
- As member of the BREQ (Business requirements platform), for UniField, represent OCB Supply Chain and participate in the definition of the UniField strategy for both development and support.
- Coordinate the activities of the SISOTL and the UniField support team to ensure proper development of UniField and appropriate support and training.
- Coordinate with the Finance, IT and Medical departments to ensure alignment on both tool design and support.
- Coordinate with the Abidjan team to ensure their support strategy for UniField is aligned with what has been defined at SIS level in partnership with SISTO and SISOTL.
- Sit in the steering committee focusing on Portal & Extranet (MSF Supply ordering tool) as OCB users' representative which is deciding on the directions taken on development and use of these 2 softwares.
- Ensure vertical integration between the different systems.
- Ensure coherence between MSF Supply systems and OCB systems.
- Set up and lead the data analytics and reporting activities for the OCB Supply Chain with the Supply Chain Data Analyst.
- Engage with other OCs and the SCPM (Supply Chain Performance Management) platform of the international office to align on international strategy for Data and reporting.
- Connect with other departments and entities to ensure alignment behind the data used and reported at Supply level.
- Manage, coach, motivate, and support the SIS team to ensure employee’s satisfaction, improve performance and ensure that objectives are met.
• University degree preferably in Business / Economics / Computer science / management.
• MSF experience is a must
• Strong team management experience
• Proven track record of managing information systems and data strategy
• Knowledge of UniField is an asset
• Experience in supply chain management
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Project management experience
• Ability to define a strategy, share a vision, with leadership style based on openness and empowerment
• High result and quality orientation
• Fluent in English and French. Other languages are an asset depending on the context (Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian…)
- Expected starting date: 01/07/2021
- Contract type: Replacement contract of 6 months
- Location: based in Brussels
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 30/04/2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-SC@brussels.msf.org before 30/04/2021 and mention “Sup Info Systems” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.