Emergency Pool - Accountancy Support Assistant
For this function, MSF experience is mandatory
Emergency Pool - Accountancy Support Assistant (m/f/x)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Accounting Support and advice for emergency operations
- Act as first point of contact for mission accounting and accounting software issues
- Support accounting staff in accounting areas with several field visits (or interim) min 3 times a year with priority to the opening and closing of emergency missions: 30% time presence in the field min
- Brief the emergency teams on the rules and accounting tools for the emergency. Debrief the emergency finance staff.
- Support the mission in the process of recruiting and training an emergency Accounting Manager when necessary and compensate for his absence.
- Take an active part in defining and carrying out accounting training for emergency missions
Support to the operations for the rapid set up and monitoring of the accounting of Emergency Pool programs
- In line of operational decisions and OCB emergency finance standards, participate to elaborate the best accounting scenario for the operation and support his rapid implementation under guidance of FINOFF Emergency and HQs FAC.
- Participate in the control of the consistency and reliability of field accounting records and the monitoring of accounting procedures
- Monitor proper archiving of accounting vouchers at mission/project level and availability of accounting vouchers scans at HQ level
- Support with the consolidation of mission accounting closings in HQ accounting software in time, collect and control the cash reconciliations and follow-up all the open Balance Sheet accounts before the final control / technical validation of the HQs FAC
- Set up and follow up of the accounting for exploratory missions and of advances / field transfers regardless of the accounting tool used (Unifield, SAGA, CODA, re-invoicing and reconciliations with other Accounting tools from Operational or Non-Operational MSF Sections). This includes the collect and control the cash reconciliations and follow-up all the open Balance Sheet accounts, before final control of HQs FAC/Hqs Accounting.
- Reconcile transfers, re-invoicing and reimbursements between headquarters and the missions and/or other sections for emergencies interventions under the guidance of HQs Accounting guidelines and team.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations for emergency finance
Professional experience in field accounting in at least three MSF humanitarian missions is required for this position.
Fluent French and English (other desired language: Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese).
Mastering general and analytic accounting.
Proficiency in UNIFIELD software is required.
Ability to cooperate, rigor, analytical and synthesis skills, pedagogy and service oriented.
Good interpersonal skills, sense of dialogue and good listening skills.
Good stress management
- Expected starting date: asap
- Contract type: Fixed-Term contract (CDD), 1 year, full time
- Location: based in Brussels (30% in the field)
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 15/04/2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit-HQ-Operations@brussels.msf.org before 15/04/2021 and mention “Epool Accountancy Support” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.