Currently, the number of positions in the field is limited for this profile. Therefore applicants that fulfill the essential requirements and also some of the desirable criteria have a greater chance of being contacted at this time.
As a general logistician, you will develop and implement projects and activities that enable medical activities to be carried out and you will be directly responsible for the beneficiaries’ environment.
The work of the general logistician is highly diverse and, through the use of resources (technical, human and financial), aims to meet the needs of the medical teams and beneficiaries as closely as possible.
- Two years of relevant experience showing a capacity to organize and maintain a multidisciplinary activity
- Any type of training, diploma / academic level, or self-made woman or man will be considered
- Solution oriented
- Agile, responsive and adaptation capacity
- Technical culture
- Person oriented
- Leadership potential
- NGO experience is an asset
- Ability to work in English, French and/or Spanish is a plus
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
length of mission
- 6 to 12 months
Working in the field vs. working in corporate
- Quickly gain lots of responsibilities: you’ll have to use your skills in new ways, which fuels your professional growth in unexpected directions.
- Everything happens faster: adapt to this and you’ll be able to reach quick, tangible results.
- Creativity and a critical mindset are truly appreciated: we welcome every improvement!
- You will learn so much about yourself and the world around you with different cultures and settings you will be working with.
- The multicultural element will increase your ability to adapt.
- You have the opportunity to train and develop your staff by helping them build their career paths.
- The organization offers a wide variety of contexts, and a real career with positions that will evolve with your experience and potential.
Did you know?
- MSF deploys emergency project teams (e.g. Response to contagious disease) as well as long-term projects (e.g. Managing complex hospitals). These interventions can last from a few months up to several years.
- About half of the projects are situated in conflict zones or zones with precarious security, and located in rural areas.
- We always work together hand in hand with local teams
- 40% of MSF personnel have a non-medical profile, such as the Tactical Logistician.